We are looking for a Principal Designer in Berlin or Munich to co-create transformational businesses and services in order to redefine the way humans and technology interact. Working on challenging projects in e-mobility, energy, IoT, face recognition, and developing innovative products and services, you, as a Principal Designer, will be leading, defining and orchestrating the agency’s design practice in the German market.
You will be working closely with the design directors in Germany and the global head of design, focusing on three equally important aspects: team – building and nurturing the design culture and be a leader for our design community; thought leadership – being a proactive thinker; and clients – strengthening the client-centricity approach and building long-lasting relationships with clients.
Not only will you be a thought leader for the design community but also you will have an excellent opportunity to lead the innovation process creating new services and products.
· Integrating design into an end-to-end approach to solve challenging client problems
· Observing shifts in markets and societies and translating them into a consistent offering
· Leading a colorful and vibrant design community based on trust, transparency and impact
· Arbitrating between the demands of a global organization and specific needs of the German market
· Coaching senior design talent to help them grow
· Building strong relationships with clients and colleagues through your presence at client’s premise and our offices
Not right for you? Back to job board
· Substantial work experience in the German market in a design leadership position
· Fluent in current design practices in the field of UI, UX and service design
· Excellent German communication skills
· Ideally knowledge in a domain or topic at the intersection of emerging technology and design (e.g. design for AI, biometrics, ecosystem building, sustainability)
· Extensive experience in working on client side, building and maintaining relationships
· Willingness to travel frequently between 3+ offices in Germany and occasionally to other country offices
We are human first. And ethics matter tremendously. Mutual respect is an essential condition, as is passion, talent and energy. All team members need to be ambitious self-starters and have a desire to be part of a workplace with a lean, flat structure, built on a foundation of Nordic straightforwardness. Individuals are constantly given opportunities to learn and grow in collaboration with wonderfully nice and extremely talented people.
Take a look at what we do and what we've done and get in touch. Don’t just tell us where you have worked or studied, tell us who you are and where you are heading and what you can bring to the Futurice design team. Describe what you already know and what you want to learn next and take a look at how to write a great job application.
The city has Germany’s strongest economy and it shows in the pace and ambition level of our office. The Munich office is located right next to the Munich river Isar and on a sunny day the terrace and backyard offer a great opportunity to get some rest and enjoy the time with your colleagues outside.
Futurice is a new breed of innovation consultancy that has digital values at its core. We inject life into digital solutions by designing innovative mobile apps and online software – all with a focus on user experience and interaction. We believe that the winning recipe for digital projects is happy people, happy customers, and happy users. Our customers span financial services, media, automotive and energy, amongst others.
Founded in 2000 we are over 550-strong and growing. A Finnish company, our HQ is in Helsinki and we have offices in Tampere, Stockholm, Oslo, London, Berlin, Munich and Stuttgart. For more information, visit www.futurice.com.