At Futurice, we create digital services that people love. Take the opportunity to shape and influence our client's business and raise the benchmark of design quality. As a service designer, you will help the world's leading businesses to develop compelling and well-thought out design solutions as a hands-on practitioner and coach.
Not right for you? Back to job board
We are human first. And ethics matter tremendously. Mutual respect is an essential condition, as is passion, talent and energy. All team members need to be ambitious self-starters and have a desire to be part of a workplace with a lean, flat structure, built on a foundation of Nordic straightforwardness. Individuals are constantly given opportunities to learn and grow in collaboration with wonderfully nice and extremely talented people.
Above all, designers need to share an excitement about innovative and beautifully crafted digital experiences that have a positive impact on people’s lives and deliver real value.
What we expect
- Fluent both in German and English.
- 5-7 years of experience in creating and bringing products and services to market.
- Ability to lead large scale design projects and related accounts.
- Demonstrated experience in leading multiple cross-discipline teams.
- A strategic and creative thinker, able to lead and inspire team members and clients with compelling, well-thought out design solutions.
- High level of expertise in leading collaborative workshop activities, creating UX solutions and guiding UI design processes that define outstanding consumer-facing experiences.
- Expertise in understanding user research outcomes and processing them in successful UX/UI products.
- Expertise in translate brand identity and guidelines in compelling UX/UI design.
- Ensure the work is grounded in a deep and contextual understanding of what matters to the people we are designing for.
- Evolve and innovate the UX/UI practice inside Futurice, pulling in state-of-the-art methods from external and internal expertise.
- First-class verbal and written communication skills with the ability to eloquently articulate strategy, concepts and rationale in a comprehensive and understandable manner verbally, written and visually
- Enthusiasm for digital design best practice, new interaction models, design standards and emerging technologies.
- You are driving design quality, practice and offerings that meet business and user goals as well as creating new offerings within Futurice.
- Experience in user research and user testing.
- Experience in coding and high level prototyping.
- Experience in brand identity and brand strategy.
- Experience in digital Marketing or marketing strategy.
One Nice-to-have would be excellent. Two would blow our minds. Three may bring us to tears. Your superpower is not on the list? Surprise and convince us!
A strong portfolio is a crucial accompaniment to your application, including several examples of successfully launched products, services and results that demonstrate strategic, conceptual and creative thinking, reflecting an extensive and comprehensive understanding of the design process.
What can we offer you?
If you feel like you've just been described above, are a nice guy or gal who is absolutely fun to work with, and would like to work with some of the nicest and most talented people in the industry, we would love to get your application!
Please send a few lines about yourself using the form below.
The city has Germany’s strongest economy and it shows in the pace and ambition level of our office. The Munich office is located right next to the Munich river Isar and on a sunny day the terrace and backyard offer a great opportunity to get some rest and enjoy the time with your colleagues outside.
Futurice is a new breed of innovation consultancy that has digital values at its core. We inject life into digital solutions by designing innovative mobile apps and online software – all with a focus on user experience and interaction. We believe that the winning recipe for digital projects is happy people, happy customers, and happy users. Our customers span financial services, media, automotive and energy, amongst others.
Founded in 2000 we are over 400-strong and growing. A Finnish company, our HQ is in Helsinki and we have offices in Tampere, Stockholm, London, Berlin and Munich. For more information, visit www.futurice.com.