Let’s figure out if we fit together.
Read on to find out more about your future role.
We are looking for people who know their stuff, who are passionate about it and want to learn more! Who want to be involved in communicating with the clients, who want to have a say on how something should look and work. We need people who are happy to work in a team and collaborate across all disciplines.
In this role you will:
- Build and develop software solutions with novelty and impact, and integrate them into our client’s software landscape
- Co-create and design concepts together with our designers and clients
- Create solution proposals for our clients
- Build prototypes to help explore or validate new propositions
- Champion our ways of working and develop workflows with our clients
- Mentor and inspire other developers from the team
Skills you need:
- You know how to build a smooth single-page app from the ground up in e.g. React, Vue, or Angular.
- You know what it takes to have your client talk with a back-end over a REST API, and even design one when needed.
- You're no stranger to HTML and CSS, or looking up DOM elements and setting breakpoints in Chrome's DevTools.
- You know how to minify, bundle, and get your code running on e.g. Heroku or Netlify.
- Understanding of current programming paradigms: functional programming, reactive programming, etc.
- You communicate effectively with technical and non-technical audiences
Signs that you might be a good fit:
- A browser is not just a rendering tool, it's your medium of choice.
- You like to keep yourself up-to-date on the latest happenings in the web development scene.
- You've probably come across technologies such as Redux, Elm, TypeScript, RxJS, Cycle.js or Purescript. Maybe you've also tried running your app on React Native to see how it compares to the web.
- You can appreciate high-quality web craftsmanship, good open-source libraries and tools and might have published a Node module or contributed to one.
- Opportunities to work in projects from our other sites in Germany, Finland, Sweden or Norway excite you
- You are a team player who can work in a multi-disciplined arena.
What matters in the end is being able to solve your clients' problems elegantly, continuously learn new things, challenge yourself, and have fun while doing it.
We want you to love your job, and we will do our best to make sure you do.
What we can offer you:
- An enthusiastic team of colleagues who are helpful and cooperative.
- A flexible working environment with short decision paths and low hierarchies.
- Exciting projects with renowned clients.
- Own choice of tools.
- Opportunities to work abroad with Germany, Finland or Stockholm or to do our FutuHike programme for a week in a different office.
- Futurice also offers sponsorships for open source contributions that you do in your free time.
- Have an active role in shaping the vision of our London office and the role of tech within it.
Our promise to you:
- A company that has a strong and amibitious vision.
- Equality for everyone; that's how it should be.
- Trust in each other, alongside the power for you to make decisions.
- Openness and transparency
We believe in collaboration, continuous learning, the challenge of a complex project, and impactful solutions. We offer you a great workplace with awesome colleagues, interesting projects and the possibility of working at Futurice offices abroad for shorter or longer stints, excellent tools and benefits.
We are proud of our lean, flat organisation with a distinctive organisational culture - that has been selected as the best place to work in Europe, twice.
If this sounds like something you can and want to do, and you're a friendly person who is fun to work with, we would love to get to know you. Please fill out the below application form and someone will get back to you right away.
Join us and become part of an international, highly transparent company culture with lots of exciting career opportunities!
NOTE: We are currently not able to offer visa sponsorships for the UK, so unfortunately we can not take applications from outside the EU forward. However, do by all means take a look at our positions in the Helsinki HQ!